Well, you know what they say, some sessions are better than others. This session was definitely one of the others. I don’t really know what went wrong. One of my guesses is that I couldn’t hear Evan well enough (or I could hear him too well—sometimes the bass is so booming that I can’t tell which note is playing!), but I don’t remember. But there was definitely a severe lack of communication on top of the fact that I was just playing like crap in general.
That said, the first two tracks are decent, and our endings were generally clean. Maybe I can pretend that that was just an “ending practice” session. #9 has so much potential, but it seems like the second we got onto something good we’d mess it up the next measure. There were some beginnings of lines that could have had good endings :-). I’m actually not so discouraged, because this was a two part session and we only recorded the first part. If I recall the second set was a lot better. At least it was a lot more unique (we did some of that great classicalish stuff).
Anyway, we have a gig next Friday. I hope the percussion warmup I suggested will work as far as getting us in the flow, and we don’t end up putting on a show like this session…
Oh, look at that, #13 is decent too, and #14 is good save for some sloppy lead playing.