SNW had a session last Sunday, featuring Nolan McFadden on guitar. Here are some select tracks.
- 01 – A long, laid-back jam, featuring Nolan rapping Jabberwocky at the end (here is a clip of just the rap)
- 02 – energetic
- 03 – The Deal
- 04 – As Long as You Let Me Have Some
- 05 – The Stampin’ Gran’ Express
- 07 – The Compassionate Track (by Nolan)
- 08 – The Deserted City with an improv story by me! :-)
My favorite is no. 8, and it still would be even without the story. Nos. 2, 3, 4, and 5 are quite excellent as well. It was a good session.
Upon reflection though, I notice a lack of melodic content in these. These songs have many interesting and solid textures, good solos, but not really any primary melody. I guess that’s something to focus on for next time.